This course is a 3 weeks course starting October 6th. Students will have twice a week sessions for 3 to 4 hours per session.
Build a sweet and solid cake decorating foundation with our comprehensive course. Explore the sugar art of cake decorating with our teacher as your expert guide. In this beginner to advance in-depth class, you’ll learn how to bake and construct a variety of cakes. You start with a one-tiered buttercream cakes and end up with a sturdy construction of multi- tiered fondant cakes fit for weddings. Along the way, discover essential tools, materials and techniques, including from scratch recipes. You also will receive printed material on how much batter per pan, amount of syrups for each cake, amount of fondant to use and cake portion sizes.
In this course you will learn how to:
1. Bake a Rum Cake recipe from scratch.
2. Prepare buttercream, fondant, gumpaste and how to color and flavor them to brighten up your cake designs.
3. Crumb coat, ice and decorate your cakes and the different uses of piping tips.
4. Make Chocolate Ganache from scratch and how to cover a double barrel cake.
5. Perfectly cover cakes with buttercream and fondant.
6. Fondant decorating techniques including marbling, borders, bows, ruffles, draping, quilting, embossing, crimping, fabric flowers and the correct use of stencils and silicone molds.
7. Use basic fondant and modeling tools for different cake decorating applications.
8. The proper way of staking and constructing multi-tiered cake and how to properly cove a cake board without wasting too much fondant.
At the end of this course you will be able create spectacular show stopping cakes that can be a profitable and creative outlet for you.